Happy Holidays from The Spa Central Coast – December 2020 Newsletter
Regardless of what face mask you use, it is not healthy for the skin to be covered for prolonged periods of time. The skin suffers from rashes, irritations, ingrown hairs, chapping and breakouts. We have seen photos of nurses and doctors on the front line of the pandemic with irritation, hives and even bruises on their skin from masks.
What’s the biggest issue? By keeping your face covered, it creates a hot and humid environment; your breathing creates a lot of trapped moisture. This leads to build up of sweat and sebum on the skin and trapped impurities on the facial mask. This can leave you with inflammation, rashes, and breakouts. I have personally had to treat my skin differently– even at my age of 57—during this Pandemic because of the masks. Maybe I should say I’m 56? I think we all should subtract a year from our age since this year really shouldn’t count for any of us. 56 it is!
Below I have made a recommendation for your skin if you are experiencing issues.
2019 Best Massage
The Spa Central Coast LIKE us on Facebook!
New Steps for Our Booking Process
The holiday season is among us, and while we could all use some holiday cheer, we must remain vigilant and cautious with the effects of Covid-19 still prominent in our daily lives. With that being said, we have updated our intake form and have changed some protocols in the spa.
We will no longer be giving foot soaks before treatments. While they are an amazing way to get our clients grounded and ready for treatments, we feel that as long as SLO county remains in the purple tier we should not offer them. We have also added new questions to our intake form.
To best protect your health and the health of others, all clients must fill out this form before each massage and bodywork session. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call (805) 591-7157. Thank you for understanding. We look forward to seeing you!
Pamper your loved one this holiday season with the perfect gift – a Gift Card for spa services at The Spa Central Coast!
The recipient of the card you purchase can choose between an indulgent massage, a radiating facial, or a revitalizing body wrap or any other treatment we offer. Come by today and we’ll wrap your purchase in a lovely gift bag or purchase online below!
December Botox Special
Receive 20 units of Botox free with your purchase of 40 or more units with Dr. Mikulics. Call the reception desk at (805) 591-7157 to book.
December TempSure Envi Eye Treatment
Dr. Mikulics is offering TempSure Envi Eye treatments for just $650 for a series of 4 throughout December, a $150 savings. This extraordinary gentle RF eye treatment goes where Botox can’t leaving you with smoother tighter skin around your eyes that brightens up your whole face! Call the reception desk at (805) 591-7157 to book.
Product of the Month for Members Only
20% OFF ALL ESSENTIAL OILS!
Throughout December, our Members receive a 20% discount on our line of The Spa Central Coast essential oils. Stop by or call the reception desk for full details and product availability.
Dr. Mikulics’ Corner
Looking forward to our open house and individual demo treatments of TempSure Envi – the latest in Laser RF for the treatment to correct sagging skin, cellulite, wrinkles and enhance elasticity. I love being able to offer effective non-invasive solutions for health and skin care that are safe and don’t require down time! Please see the Spa website for more details on our event.
What is TempSure Envi?
TempSure Envi is a new radiofrequency treatment that minimizes fine lines and wrinkles, tightens skin* and improves the appearance of cellulite.
- Safe for all skin types and levels of sun exposure
- No surgery, no needles, no downtime
As we age, our bodies can’t generate collagen as fast as it is depleted causing our skin to lose laxity and firmness. As a result, wrinkles and fine lines form leaving you with smile lines, crow’s feet and other bothersome creases.
Finally there’s a solution that works! TempSure Envi minimizes fine lines and wrinkles, tightens skin* and improves the appearance of cellulite. It’s safe for all skin types so it fits into any beauty maintenance routine, any time of year!
During this season of joy and comfort foods let’s not forget our microbiomes and the benefits it can have on our skin! When it comes to overall skin health, probiotics (topical and oral) are your secret weapon!
- Combat the negative effects of harmful bacteria
- Support barrier function (think leaky gut – but on your skin)
- Support the regulation of your immune system and reduce inflammation
- Help keep your gut brain skin axis in balance
I love to integrate the use of probiotics along with Botox treatments to achieve beautiful results in your skin. Radiance from the inside out is a great look for the Holidays!
Health, Happiness and Many Blessings,
Stefanie Mikulics, MD
Neck and Shoulder Pain
Roughly 18-26 percent of adults suffer from neck and shoulder pain. Stress is one of the biggest key factors in the cause of a tight neck and shoulder muscle, as well as posture and sleep. Taking time before your day starts, maybe first thing in the morning, to stretch and end with a simple meditation. Allow yourself to take a minute in the day to stop and take a few deep breaths, getting oxygen in to the blood. Stretching and massage will also give relief to tight muscles. The services we provide here at The Spa Central Coast can help you with finding that relief. Our therapists are trained to provide the best therapy possible to help our clients.
Recommended treatments for this type of muscle pain would be:
- Deep Tissue Massage: this massage gives the deepest body work, allowing for the muscles to be worked and stretched.
- Back Refresher: this treatment uses our anti inflammation gel coupled with our deep heat oil and the use of hot towels to help relieve inflammation and soothe those tightened neck and shoulder muscles.
- Anti Stress Massage: this massage is exactly what it says, anti stress. We use an essential oil blend to help calm the mind and soothe the body, relieving some of that tension and stress we tend to carry daily.
Here are a couple of stretches to do in the morning or on a break at work.
- Square the shoulders.
- Lower the chin to the chest. You should feel the stretch through the neck and down the spine.
- Hold this position for 1 minute.
- Gently tilt your head to the left to stretch your right shoulder.
- Hold for 1 minute.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Do this to each side 3-5 times.
Across the Chest Stretch:
- Bring your right arm across your chest.
- Place it in the crease of your left elbow or use your left hand to support your arm.
- Hold this position for 1 minute.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Do this stretch 3-5 times.
These products offered by the Spa may offer you relief from back and shoulder pain.
Cabbage Detox Soup
½ head of cabbage chopped
1 cup celery diced
1 cup white or yellow onion diced
1 cup carrots diced
1 green bell pepper
2-3 cloves of garlic minced
4 cups chicken broth
14oz can basil, oregano, garlic diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Few shakes of black pepper
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add celery, onions, bell pepper, and carrots.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Stir in oregano, basil, red pepper, and salt (if using)
- Taste broth and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!