Ali’s Health Corner: topics that affect our health & wellness
I’m a big believer that it’s okay to age; we’re all going to do it! So I’d encourage you to stop resisting and embrace this natural part of life. I think the key to it is to not worry about aging but to be concerned instead about aging well. It can be confusing, though, not knowing the best route to take.
Hopefully, I can help you take some guess work out of the equation by sharing that health is about balancing the body, the mind, and the spirit. If you’re not eating real, healthy foods, your body will be out of balance. If you don’t have a method that calms you, your mind will be out of balance. If you don’t have a practice that uplifts your soul, your spirit will be out of balance. Imbalances are what stop us from aging well because they lead to diseases, illness, and sadness. Imbalance doesn’t allow for flow or harmony in the body, mind or spirit, and when there’s not flow or harmony, blockage or disease is likely to occur.
At The Spa, we offer many services to help keep yourself in balance, and starting April 1, 2019, we’ll be offering annual memberships in meditation to help you balance your mind. You can select from unlimited group meditation where you can attend up to 9 times a week if you’d like or you can select a private, guided meditation membership and book your private session when it’s most convenient for you.
Many credible, medical studies show that meditation slows aging in the brain, but it wasn’t until studies from UCLA’s School of Medicine revealed in 2015 that “On average, the brains of long-term meditators were 7.5 years younger at age 50 than the brains of non-meditators…”**.
Memberships are wonderful because they encourage us to do the activity. Doing something alone is always harder to maintain than doing it in a group or booking an appointment with someone who will hold you accountable for showing up.
If you’re interested in a membership in meditation, please click the button below to show your interest. I’ll call you to answer any questions before you commit.
If you’re just not feeling like yourself right now and wish to focus specifically on your body, I’ll also be teaching another 4-week, 90-minute health class based on Dr William Sears’s scientifically proven plan for feeling young and living longer. Dr Sears is a renown physician, nutrition expert, and author of 45 books. You will receive 4 workbooks and the book Prime Time Health. The workbooks cover the following topics: How Your Body Makes Its Own Medicine, Why to Make Health Your Hobby, How to Move Waste from Your Waist, and How to Live Without Pain and Inflammation. Only $265 for all four 90-minute classes. Price includes the materials. Space is limited; so if you’re interested, please click below to reserve your spot. Classes are every Tuesday beginning April 23 until Tuesday, May 14 from 6:00pm-7:30pm.
If you own or manage a business, I can also conduct this class at your business location if you have employees who’d like to get healthier.
Namaste (which means the light in me honors the light in you),
Master Certified Health and Wellness Coach
The Spa Manager & Director
Kitty’s Corner: Thoughts, Opinions, & Musings of Kitty’s
It’s Spring and Time to Exfoliate
Something you can do externally to age well and have younger looking skin is to exfoliate weekly. Exfoliation removes skin cells that are dead or dulling. As we age, our body’s rate of shedding dead and dulling skin cells slows down. We can help it by using gentle exfoliators, like The Spa Central Coast “Mermaid Body Polish,” which uses organic seaweed (algae) and pumice to exfoliate the entire body. For the face, I use our “I Am Beaming Pearl,” which is also organic seaweed with fine pumice, bamboo and micro particles of pearl to lighten and brighten the skin. Both products smell amazing!
If you’d like to know what it feels like to have a full body exfoliation, you can book an appointment for a 75-minute salt exfoliation and massage with one of our skilled therapists.
75-Minute Salt Exfoliation & Massage Special
You’ll receive 75-minutes of pure bliss with this treatment that beautifully exfoliates the skin. For 15 minutes, your skilled therapist will use marine pumice made from hydrating algae blended with organic essential oils of grapefruit, creating an intensive body exfoliant. You’ll have 5 minutes to take a soothing shower to rinse off the pumice, and then enjoy a 50- minute relaxing massage. This treatment is also perfect for young women or pre and post-menopausal women. Please do not shave your legs prior to this treatment. This is only $99 for the month of April. Regularly $120.
Product Special for the Month
All The Spa Central Coast members will receive 25% off Mermaid Body Polish. Only $24.75. Normally $33.00.
Health & Wellness Classes
4-Week Health & Nutrition Class
Ali, Master Certified Health & Wellness Coach, will be teaching another 4-week, 90-minute health class based on Dr William Sears’s scientifically proven plan for feeling young and living longer. Dr Sears is a renown physician, nutrition expert, and author of 45 books. You will receive 4 workbooks and the book Prime Time Health. The workbooks cover the following topics: How Your Body Makes Its Own Medicine, Why to Make Health Your Hobby, How to Move Waste from Your Waist, and How to Live Without Pain and Inflammation. Only $265 for all four 90-minute classes. Price includes the materials. Payment will be taken when appointment is confirmed with you. Classes begin every Tuesday beginning April 23 until Tuesday,May 14 from 6:00pm-7:30pm. (I can work with you to make up a class if one doesn’t fit your schedule for a small fee.)
Space is limited, so if you’re interested, please click below to reserve your spot.
News at The Spa
- Geary Whiting, inductee in the Massage Hall of Fame (2005), will be our visiting specialty therapist for a few months this year. He’s making a special visit to The Spa Central Coast on March 12, March 26, April 2, April 16, April 23, May 7, May 21, and May 28 to perform Shiatsu Massage. For those of you not familiar with Shiatsu, it is a form of Japanese bodywork and based on the ideas of traditional Chinese Medicine. Japanese Ministry of Health describes it as applying pressure to the body to correct internal malfunctions, promote and maintain health, and treat specific diseases. The techniques used include stretching, holding, and most commonly, leading body weight into various points along key channels in the body. If you’ve never had a Shiatsu massage by Geary, you’re in for a real treat. He’s an expert! Payments need to be made directly to Geary at the time of treatment. Shiatsu massages are $155.
- All of our therapists are now employees! We’re hoping to further grow The Spa. Although gratuities are not expected, they are certainly appreciated by our staff. If you’d like to leave gratuity for your therapist, please bring cash as we are no longer allowing gratuity to be placed on credit cards due to the high credit card fees.
- Family Menu & Family Plus Memberships (you can now add your partner and children to your membership). Children can be added for just $50 each child or teen. This must be done in The Spa.
6 Reasons To Join The Spa Central Coast Membership:
- You will receive a Spa Member Club Discount card that can be used at many local retailers and restaurants for 10%-15% off their services and goods. Members, come by and pick yours up today if you haven’t received your discount card yet! Don’t forget your card expires December 31st every year so you’ll need to pick up one each January.
- $20 off the treatment that the membership is for (savings on our Family Shared plans vary because you get to choose different massages or get a facial).
- You get a members Family & Friends Discount to help spread the happiness. Bring in a friend or family member with you to your next treatment, and your friend or family member will receive $10 off her/his treatment.
- 25% off our monthly featured product from The Spa Central Coast signature line.
- 10% off any additional treatment you have at The Spa.
- You get the same pricing we give you for your treatment at our sister spa, The Day Spa of Ojai.
Come visit us or call 805-591-7157 to become a member today!
What Sets Us Apart from Other Day Spas
We are one of the only day spas offering a meditation membership.
Please see the following website for Downtown Paso Robles events:
Luders, et al (2015). “Estimating brain age using high resolution pattern recognition: Younger brains in long-term meditation practitioners.”
Retrieved from http://www.neuro.uni-jena.de/pdf-files/Luders-NI16.pdf