Today, I (Ali) was traveling down Creston Road and a beautiful sporty car came out of nowhere and sped in front of me as though tearing for the finish line in the Indy 500. Seriously…it was going fast. A lovely, small black bird with white wing tips tried to fly low across the road just as the car zoomed forward. The small bird got sucked up in right tire and hood of the car and fell limp to the ground within seconds on left side of the vehicle. The driver didn’t even notice the bird and kept going the same speed as before. But my heart stopped and a sick feeling and sadness filled me as the bird lay lifeless on the pavement. I felt helpless as there was nothing I could do.
As this bird lie motionless, it reminded me about how so much damage is caused by us and to each other. Sometimes we move so mindlessly, so involved in our own thing that we bulldoze over others without even recognizing that we have hurt someone’s feelings or seriously wounded someone’s heart. I’ve been guilty of this myself before. Are you speeding through life?
Thanksgiving is almost upon us and Christmas is just around the corner. Sometimes spending more time with family can ignite our own personal triggers, but this year, we hope you remember the bird and slow down; become more mindful. Might there be a better way to resolve whatever challenging situation arises? Whatever you do…don’t be a turkey. Try gentleness this year—toward yourself and toward others. See what a difference it can make.
If you’d like us to help you with that gentleness, come treat yourself or someone else to our pumpkin facial special or enjoy a sound therapy session special below. We hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!
We wish you all the best and optimal health!
Kitty (Owner) & Ali (Master Certified Health & Wellness Coach)
Ali’s Health & Wellness
Interested in getting some tips about improving your health and wellness?
Catch Ali’s health and wellness podcast on Mayor Steve Martin’s radio station “Voice of Paso” on the Jazz station at 6:45am, 7:45am, 8:45am, and 9:45am on Mon-Fri. Click here to listen:
Health & Wellness Options
Not feeling yourself or need help finding your path? Maybe you need a body, mind, soul reset. If you’re wanting to lose weight, wanting to feel more in tune with yourself & your needs, wanting to figure out what it is you want, or wanting to just have more energy & vitality, then I can help. Please call me today at 805-591-7157 and we can talk to see what services would work best for your needs. I work with clients on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and by private appointment if Tuesdays and Wednesdays don’t work for your schedule.
- 60 minute private health coaching sessions – $70/session
- 60 minute private Sound therapy session – $95/session ($88 for members & established clients)
- Weekly membership (you can select meditation, sound therapy, medicine drumming, or health coaching or a combo each week) $75/weekly with a weekly 3-month commitment
- 5-pack of 1/2 hour sessions of private guided meditation for $100
- Four weeks of 90-minute sessions of Prime Time Health (nutrition class) for $265 (based on Dr Williams Sears scientifically proven plan)
Please call 805-591-7157 to schedule or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
(Master Certified Health & Wellness Coach)
Why Be a Member at The Spa Central Coast?
- NEW! We now provide Family Shared plans for 90-minute massages.
- $20 or more off the treatment that the membership is for depending on the membership you purchase.
- You get a members Family & Friends Discount to help spread the happiness. Bring in a friend or family member with you to your next treatment, and your friend or family member will receive $10 off her/his treatment.
- 25% off our monthly featured product from The Spa Central Coast signature line.
- 10% off any additional treatment you have at The Spa.
- You get the same pricing we give you for your treatment at our sister spa, The Day Spa of Ojai.
- You will receive a Spa Member Club Discount card that can be used at many local retailers and restaurants for 10%-15% off their services and goods.
Come visit us or call 805-591-7157 to become a member today!
What Sets Us Apart from Other Day Spas
(Each month we share one thing that makes us different from the rest)
We are one of the few day spas that provide complimentary foot soaks to any local resident regardless if s/he is having a spa treatment. Any local can come by The Spa for one.