One way to be healthier is to receive healthy touch. How often do you receive this? Kathleen Keating, a blogger for Emotional Intelligence states that “we are suffering in our society from […] touch deprivation, skin hunger, and hug inhibition.”** Touch is critical for our physical, mental, and emotional health. It releases oxytocin, a bonding hormone. It activates the vagus nerve that’s connected from the brain to the gut, which, in part, helps control your immune system, and it helps to reduce depression. It’s essential for our ability to not just survive, but to thrive.**
Whether you’re single and just not receiving enough healthy touch because you live alone or if you’re in a relationship where healthy touch isn’t as frequent as you wish or if you want, or need, a trained professional who is expert in the body’s anatomy to pinpoint and massage areas in your body that need worked out, we can help.
We also have memberships that allow Central Coast locals to receive a massage each month at a discounted rate or anyone can try out one of our Monthly Specials this month. For September, you can choose either our Revitalize Me package or a Massage with Tuning, which is a sound therapy modality. (See specials below).
I wish you all the best and optimal health!
Kitty (Owner) & Ali (Manager & Master Certified Health & Wellness Coach)
Ali’s Health & Wellness
Interested in getting some tips about improving your health and wellness?
Catch Ali’s health and wellness podcast on Mayor Steve Martin’s radio station “Voice of Paso” on the Jazz station at 6:45am, 7:45am, 8:45am, and 9:45am on Mon-Fri. Click here to listen:
Health & Wellness Options
Not feeling yourself or need help finding your path? Maybe you need a body, mind, soul reset. If you’re wanting to lose weight, wanting to feel more in tune with yourself & your needs, wanting to figure out what it is you want, or wanting to just have more energy & vitality, then I can help. Please call me today at 805-591-7157 and we can talk to see what services would work best for your needs. I work with clients on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and by private appointment if Tuesdays and Wednesdays don’t work for your schedule.
- SEPTEMBER CLASS: Two-week weight loss class (Sep 17 & Sep 24) for $250
- 60 minute private health coaching sessions – $70/session
- 60 minute private Sound therapy session – $95/session ($88 for members & established clients)
- Weekly membership (you can select meditation, sound therapy, medicine drumming, or health coaching or a combo each week) $75/weekly with a 3-month commitment
- 5-pack of 1/2 hour sessions of private guided meditation for $100
- Four weeks of 90-minute sessions of Prime Time Health (nutrition class) for $265 (based on Dr Williams Sears scientifically proven plan)
Please call 805-591-7157 to schedule or send an email to email@example.com to set up an appointment.
(Master Certified Health & Wellness Coach)
Product Special for the Month
All The Spa Central Coast members will receive 25% off our White Egret Garlic Oil with Lobelia and Mullen in 2 fl oz bottles. It’s natural essential oils. If placed on the skin, it helps support the healthy properties of the skin, soothes, moisturizes & gets rid of unhealthy bacteria. If placed in the ear, it has anti-bacterial properties to ease ear aches and congestion. Normally $15.00. It’s only $11.25 this month.
Please stop by The Spa to purchase this product.
Health & Wellness Classes
I keep being asked to teach a class specifically on losing weight because I hear from people that even though they are cutting back on the amount they eat, they still don’t lose weight. There is a reason why! Want to find out? You might be surprised but the main problem may be one of your organs. Can you guess which one?
You will learn how to lose weight and keep it off, as well as receive suggested meal protocols and why some food is better for you than other food when it comes to weight reduction. (These protocols are always important to review with your doctor in case you have any allergies).
The class will be two weeks long: Tuesday, September 17 and Tuesday, September 24 from 6pm-8pm. The cost is $250 per person.
Why Be a Member at The Spa Central Coast?
- $20 off the treatment that the membership is for (savings on our Family Shared plans vary because you get to choose different massages or get a facial).
- You get a members Family & Friends Discount to help spread the happiness. Bring in a friend or family member with you to your next treatment, and your friend or family member will receive $10 off her/his treatment.
- 25% off our monthly featured product from The Spa Central Coast signature line.
- 10% off any additional treatment you have at The Spa.
- You get the same pricing we give you for your treatment at our sister spa, The Day Spa of Ojai.
- You will receive a Spa Member Club Discount card that can be used at many local retailers and restaurants for 10%-15% off their services and goods.
Come visit us or call 805-591-7157 to become a member today!
What Sets Us Apart from Other Day Spas
(Each month we share one thing that makes us different from the rest)
We are one of the only day spas that provides tuning—also referred to as sound therapy! Frequency-specific tuning forks find static in our electromagnetic biofield (usually created from emotional or physical trauma or sadness). Tuning take this stuck energy, reharmonizes it, and returns it back to the body in order to restore the body’s vitality. It can help with depression, anxiety, physical pain, PTSD, stress, addiction recovery, grief, and more. We are vibration and frequency so it makes sense to heal the body through vibration and frequency.
Did you know that cuddling helps couples stay together? It’s true…bonding and attachment are created when you cuddle more and that attachment helps couples care about, or look out for, each other rather than hurt each other. If your relationship needs some pepping up, try cuddling.**
**Hess, Samantha (2014). Touch: The Power of Human Connection.